1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with paper or silicone liners.
2. Mix ground chia seeds and add water. Set aside to for 5 minutes to make chia eggs.
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
4. In a small bowl, mix molasses, melted coconut oil, almond milk, chia eggs, and vanilla.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until incorporated.
6. Spoon mixture into muffin liners until ¾ full and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool for 30 minutes and ice with Spiced Date Icing (see recipe below) and sprinkle with orange zest.