Make Lunch Better This Week With A Cleansing Cabbage + Chickpea Salad
Part of the huge family of cruciferous vegetables, cabbage contains many anti-inflammatory compounds and antioxidants, which can help protect the body’s immune system, warding off disease.
This salad is refreshing, very tasty, and dead simple to create, especially if you use a mandoline to slice up the cabbage and celery.
Shredded Cabbage, Chickpea + Celery Salad
Serves 4 to 6
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ head red cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced
- ¼ head green cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 stalks celery, very thinly sliced
- ¾ cup dried shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup dill, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 3 generous pinches sea salt
- Black pepper
1. For the dressing, whisk together the oil, lime juice, vinegar, and mustard. Set aside.
2. In a large salad bowl, mix together the cabbages, chickpeas, celery, coconut, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, dill, sea salt, and black pepper to taste. Drizzle on the dressing and toss well.
3. Garnish with the extra dill and serve immediately.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.