Quick & Ridiculously Delicious Clean Eating Snack: Coconut Brownie Bites
My biggest weakness when it comes to sweet treats are doughnut holes. You know, those small, cake-like, delicious, dangerously addictive doughnut balls?
But the trouble is, you eat one, which turns into three, then 10, and before you know it, you’ve eaten the equivalent of five doughnuts! Whoops.
I was determined to create a healthier alternative to my beloved chocolate doughnut hole without sacrificing the flavor. But then, the unexpected happened: I created something even better! Introducing Coconut Brownie Bites.
These are gluten-free, require only six ingredients, and take less than 15 minutes to throw together. Let’s get to it!
Coconut Brownie Bites
Makes 14 bites
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (divided)
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked for 30 minutes and drained)
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
1. Combine the almonds, cacao powder, and ¼ cup of the shredded coconut together in a food processor. Process into a fine powder.
2. Add in the soaked dates, coconut oil, and honey. Pulse until a dough-like consistency forms.
3. Roll batter into small-bite-size balls. Then roll balls through a bowl with the remaining shredded coconut to coat. Store in an airtight container or freezer to preserve freshness!
Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUp6nUigEhE
Photos courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn how to fight inflammation and address autoimmune disease through the power of food? Join our 5-Day Inflammation Video Summit with mindbodygreen’s top doctors.