Quick & Ridiculously Delicious Clean Eating Snack: Coconut Brownie Bites
My biggest weakness when it comes to sweet treats are doughnut holes. You know, those small, cake-like, delicious, dangerously addictive doughnut balls?
But the trouble is, you eat one, which turns into three, then ten, and before you know it, you’ve eaten the equivalent of five doughnuts! Whoops.
I was determined to create a healthier alternative to my beloved chocolate doughnut hole without sacrificing the flavor. But then, the unexpected happened: I created something even better! Introducing Coconut Brownie Bites.
These are gluten-free, require only six ingredients, and take less than fifteen minutes to throw together. Let’s get to it!
Coconut Brownie Bites
Makes 14 bites
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (divided)
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked for 30 minutes and drained)
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Combine the almonds, cacao powder, and ¼ cup of the shredded coconut together in a food processor. Process into a fine powder.
- Add in the soaked dates, coconut oil, and honey. Pulse until a dough-like consistency forms.
- Roll batter into small-bite-size balls. Then roll balls through a bowl with the remaining shredded coconut to coat. Store in an airtight container or freezer to preserve freshness!
Photos courtesy of the author
And do you want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.