Vegan Pancakes For One
With the busy lifestyles that many of us lead, it's crucial that we listen to our bodies with regard to cravings. It's not uncommon for us to crave comfort foods (which may be decadent) when we're stressed.
As an alternative, we should set aside even a small amount of time to honor our bodies and cook nutritious, energy-fueling versions of our favorite comfort foods.
Pancakes are a personal favorite comfort food of mine. This particular stack is packed with fibrous whole grain oats, nutrient-rich fruit, and energy-fueling healthy fats that will not only satisfy your mental craving, but also nourish your body on a physical level.
These pancakes can be enjoyed traditionally for breakfast, or as a healthy meal or snack at whatever time of day your body is craving them most!
Personal Vegan Pancake Stack
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted, plus more for cooking
- Maple syrup and fresh fruit for serving
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Add in the milk, mashed banana, coconut oil, and mix until everything is evenly combined. Allow the batter to sit for a few minutes to thicken.
2. Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pour the batter onto the skillet to make 5 pancakes. Allow to cook for a few minutes, until bubbles form around the edges, then flip and cook for another minute or two until golden.
3. Serve with pure maple syrup and any other toppings you love.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn how to fight inflammation and address autoimmune disease through the power of food? Join our 5-Day Inflammation Video Summit with mindbodygreen’s top doctors.