Next-Level Overnight Oats With Strawberry Chia Jam (Just 6 Ingredients!)
I love to get creative with my overnight oats and my newest creation involves my homemade strawberry chia jam — and it tastes like absolute heaven.
It's not only healthy, but it’s easy to prepare, and the perfect breakfast to have on busy mornings.
The overnight oats take 2 minutes to prep in the evening. When you wake up, it’s all ready for you to dress up with some strawberry chia jam and any other toppings of your choice.
I usually make a big jar of the strawberry chia jam to eat with my oatmeal and on toast with almond butter throughout the week.
Overnight Oats + Strawberry Chia Jam Recipe
Strawberry Chia Jam
Makes 1 jar
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) chopped strawberries
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In a medium sized pot, stir together the strawberries and maple syrup on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Once the strawberries become very watery, lower the heat and use a hand blender or a fork to mash the strawberries, leaving some chunky strawberry bits until you reach your desired texture.
2. Add the chia seeds and cook the mixture for another 5 to 7 minutes on a low heat until it thickens.
3. Once thick, remove the jam from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. Pour the jam into a glass jar and leave it to cool completely before covering the jar and placing it into the fridge. The jam should keep for at least a week in a sealed jar or air-tight container.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
1. Combine the oats and almond milk in a mason jar or container and stir well. Place in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
2. Remove it in the morning, stir in 2 tablespoons of strawberry chia jam and 1 tablespoon of coconut yogurt
Photo courtesy of the author
And do you want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.