Nothing beats a healthy breakfast that's quick to make and oh-so-tasty.
My superfood granola takes less than 6 minutes to prepare (plus 20 minutes cooking time) and is delicious when eaten atop a breakfast bowl, by the handful as an afternoon snack, or drenched in homemade nut milk for dessert.
This gluten-free granola is packed with nutrition: protein from the quinoa and oats, antioxidants from the goji berries, magnesium from the cacao nibs, and healthy fats from the nuts and coconut oil.
I hope this recipe becomes a fast favorite in your breakfast rotation. Enjoy!
6-Minute Superfood Granola
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup or rice-malt syrup
- 2 cups thick rolled oats
- 1 cup (uncooked) quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup goji berries or dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Scant pinch of salt flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C and position rack in the middle of the oven.
2. In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients and stir to combine. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to evenly coat dry ingredients with wet mixture.
3. Spread granola on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes*, stirring every 8-10 minutes to prevent the outside edges from burning.
4. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks (good luck making it last two weeks!)
*Note: the granola will be ready when it’s starting to turn a light golden color, it will still feel soft but crisps once cooled. Timing will vary depending on your oven.
Photo courtesy of the author