Wow Your Friends With This Almond Butter Cheesecake (It's Vegan!)
This no-bake cheesecake includes almond butter flavor in every creamy, silky bite. Cashews and coconut oil create vegan cheesecake magic — no oven required for nutty cheesecake bliss. You can substitute peanut butter for the almond butter, if desired.
Raw Almond Butter Cheesecake
Ingredients for crust
- Virgin coconut oil, for the pan
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
Ingredients for filling
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup agave syrup or grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted almond butter
1. For the crust, grease a pie dish with coconut oil. In a blender or food processor, process the crust ingredients and press them into the prepared dish until a loose crust forms.
2. For the cheesecake filling, drain the soaked cashews and rinse with warm water. Place the cashews, salt, and cinnamon in a blender or food processor. Start blending on low and pour in the agave, coconut oil and almond butter. Keep blending until the mixture is silky smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender if a few cashews get stuck. Add a splash of water if the mixture is too thick to blend (this can happen if the cashews haven't been soaked long enough).
3. Pour filling into the pie dish and smooth the top. Chill in the fridge until firm enough to slice, at least 2 hours—overnight is best. To speed up chilling time: place in the freezer for 1 hour just after pouring filling, then back in the fridge. Serve chilled. Store any leftovers, covered, in the fridge and consume within 2-3 days.
Excerpted from Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen Copyright © 2015 by Kathy Patalsky. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.