Easy, Delicious 15-Minute Meal: Zoodles With Creamy Avocado Pesto
As a girl on the go, finding easy-to-make, plant based meals has become a necessity. Whip up this filling vegan (and raw!) dinner in just 15 minutes with simple, wholesome ingredients. It's a perfect go-to dinner on a warm spring or summer night.
Zoodles With Creamy Avocado Pesto
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 cups arugula
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
For the pesto
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup of EVOO
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 oz lemon juice or 1 lemon squeezed
- salt + pepper to taste
1. Create 'zoodles' with our zucchini using a spiralizer. (if you don't have one a julienne slicer works great as well!)
2. Place zoodles on top of your arugula
3. Slice tomatoes in half, add to bowl.
4. Add avocado, EVOO, garlic, basil, lemon + salt/pepper to a blender. Blend together until thick and smooth. Add on top of zoodles. Top with hemp seeds.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.