Today, the pastry trainer over at California's Tender Greens lends us one of her go-to breakfast recipes: coconut chia pudding.
Coconut Chia Pudding
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 2/3 cup agave syrup
- 10 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder or one vanilla bean
- toppings: 2 cups sliced seasonal fruit (or nuts or cacao nibs)
1. Combine all ingredients with the exception of toppings. Make sure all of the chia seeds are covered and not clumped together.
2. Allow to rest, every 10 minutes stir just a little bit to prevent clumping, until it thickens to desired consistency. This may take 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Chill in 4oz ramekins for at least an hour.
4. Top with fresh seasonal fruit and serve.
Note: Chia seeds may thicken the pudding too much overnight. If you want to make ahead loosen with more coconut milk before serving.
Photo Credit: Stocksy