Entertaining? Try These 4 Vegan, Gluten-Free Dips
Dips often get a bad rap and for good reason — they are usually filled with sour cream, cheese and other dangerous (albeit delicious) stuff. Here are four tasty and varied vegan dips made gluten- and dairy-free that you can feel good about putting out for guests or serving your family.
Pineapple Avocado Salsa With Hazelnuts
- 1 large pineapple (about 2 cups diced)
- 1 large, ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- juice of 1 large lime
- pinch of lime zest
- sea salt + freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well to combine. Serve or place in the fridge until ready to serve with sliced veggies or gluten-free crackers.
Sweet Pea Puree
- 3 lbs. frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 ½ tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh basil or chives, for garnish
1. Combine water and peas in a blender; puree until smooth.
2. Transfer mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring often until hot, about 2-3 minutes. Add in butter and sea salt. Season to taste with sea salt. Serve warm. Garnish with fresh basil or chives.
Swiss Chard Almond Pesto
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard leaves, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt + freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoon sliced almonds
1. Combine all ingredients except almonds in a food processor; pulse until chunky or to desired smooth consistency. Garnish with almonds. Serve or place in the fridge until ready to serve with gluten-free crackers.
Creamy Coconut Milk + Thyme Dip
- 2 cups coconut milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme (or marjoram)
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well to combine. Serve or place in the fridge to chill until ready to serve with veggie chips.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.