This Green Detox soup will help keep you healthy during the winter months and is a great addition to your diet, especially if you find yourself feeling sluggish and tired. We all know how important it is to eat our greens and while in the summer it's easy enough to whip up a green smoothie, I know people find it a little more challenging in the winter as our bodies crave foods that are warm and comforting. This soup is packed with nutrients and best of all tastes delicious! Plus it's quick and easy to make!
Green Winter Detox Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 zucchinis, sliced
- 2 cups fine green beans, chopped
- 1.5 cups frozen peas
- 1.5 cups broccoli florets
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, removed from stem
- salt + pepper, to taste
1. Add onion and garlic to a large pot with the coconut oil and fry for approximately 8 minutes or until onions have softened.
2. Add zucchini, green beans, broccoli and peas to the pot and cook for several minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock, mint and thyme. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the soup to a blender or use stick blender to puree soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve while hot.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn how to fight inflammation and address autoimmune disease through the power of food? Join our 5-Day Inflammation Video Summit with mindbodygreen’s top doctors.