A Better Snack: Peanut Butter, Coconut & Cinnamon Toast
As a kid, my favorite after school snack was a peanut butter sandwich on white bread with marshmallow fluff — not exactly the most nutritious snack. Recently I came up with a much healthier version that has the same sweet and salty quality that I loved as a kid but is much better for you.
Always look for bread made with 100% whole grain and unsweetened peanut butter.
Peanut Butter, Coconut & Cinnamon Toast
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 tablespoons peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
- dash of cinnamon
- Toast bread.
- Spread peanut butter over slice. Add banana slices.
- Drizzle coconut butter over banana slices. If coconut butter is not liquified, place the jar in a bowl of warm water for 5 minutes, then stir and drizzle.
- Sprinkle coconut and cinnamon on top.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.