How To Make Green Juice Without A Juicer
If your digestion needs a break from all the cookies, cakes, and heavy dinners in this holiday season, make this green juice for a zingy pick-me-up. Here's a fun bonus: no need to buy a juicer. This recipe can easily made with your handy blender. Here's how:
Zingy Ginger Green Juice
Makes a little over 1 liter of juice
- 2 lemons, peel removed and chopped
- 2 organic green apples, chopped
- 1 organic cucumber, chopped
- 1 head of organic kale
- 2-3 inches of ginger root (add more ginger for more spice)
- 3 cups water
1. Using a high-speed blender, blend lemons, apples, cucumber, ginger, and water until thoroughly incorporated. Add in kale and blend on highest speed until greens are completely liquefied, about a minute or two.
2. Pour blended greens into a fine mesh strainer, nut-milk bag, or cheesecloth over a large bowl. Use your hands or a spatula to gently squeeze all the juice out of the green pulp.
3. Pour juice into a large glass jar and store in the refrigerator. Juice will keep 2-3 days. Enjoy!
Photos courtesy of the author
And do you want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.