Chocolate Almond Superfood Snack Balls (Raw, Gluten-Free)
This nutty, chocolate-y snack is a delicious whole-food treat. Make a big batch, refrigerate and take some with you to have on the go. They're great for after school snacks, as a mid-day blood sugar leveliser, or to wrap in pretty paper and offer as a gift. Unlike processed sweets, you'll find that these natural treats will help keep your energy going all day.
Chocolate Almond Superfood Snackballs
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- desiccated coconut (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ teaspoon stevia
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and mix.
2. Roll mixture into small balls, approximately 1 tablespoon per ball.
3. Eat instantly or refrigerate.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn how to fight inflammation and address autoimmune disease through the power of food? Join our 5-Day Inflammation Video Summit with mindbodygreen’s top doctors.