Mix Up Your Breakfast Routine With Zucchini Oats (Zoats!)
Ever heard of zoats? A combination of shredded zucchini and oats, zoats make an incredibly satisfying and nutrient-packed breakfast. Simply add grated zucchini to oats and cook them as you normally would, or take it to a whole new level with these creamy and incredibly satisfying chocolate pumpkin zoats.
Chocolate Pumpkin Zoats
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (or 1/2 cup baked pumpkin, chopped in cubes)
- 2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder (buying organic cocoa in bulk can help with cost)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of your choice (I recommend brown rice syrup or honey)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon maca (optional superfood boost for energy)
- star fruit
- goji berries
- pumpkin seeds
1. Blend peeled zucchini and almond milk. Mix in oats with and cook in a small pot over medium heat until the liquid is absorbed and the oats expand, about 10 minutes.
2. Add pumpkin puree, stir well, cook a few more minutes. Add raw cacao, stir.
3. Turn off the heat, add sweetener of your choice, and serve with toppings of your choice.
Photo courtesy of the author
And are you ready to learn how to fight inflammation and address autoimmune disease through the power of food? Join our 5-Day Inflammation Video Summit with mindbodygreen’s top doctors.