These Chickpeas make the perfect protein-rich, nut-free snack. Lightweight and great to take on hikes or throw in the lunchbox.
Crunchy, Spicy Chickpeas
- 3x 400g can organic chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (olive oil will work, too)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas and dry thoroughly on paper towel.
3. In the hot oven, bake the chickpeas by themselves for about 10-15 minutes to ensure they are dry. This will mean that your flavoured chickpeas will be even crispier!
4. In the melted coconut oil, add all of the spices and salt and mix to combine. Add the chickpeas to the flavouring, making sure all of the chickpeas are coated.
5. Lay them out on a baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes or until crunchy. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Photo courtesy of the author