Not Into Kale? This Recipe Might Change Your Mind
We all know kale is an amazing nutrient dense vegetable. However, I've often heard people say that its bitter taste and hard, chewy texture makes it difficult to eat. Stir frying is the best and easiest way to remedy these issues (if you're eating it raw, apple cider vinegar works wonders also.) You can use the curly dinosaur kale for this, or the flatter dark green tuscan kale, which works wonderfully. This quick and easy recipe is a great way to introduce kale into any diet.
- 2 large bunches of Tuscan kale (roughly 15 stems)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cube vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a small bowl, dissolve the stock in the hot water.
2. Dice up the onion and kale (the secret is to dice and chop up the kale into very small pieces).
3. Heat the oil in a wok on high heat and add the onions, stir for about 2 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add the stock and the water.
4. Add in the kale and keep stir frying for about 6-8 mins until it softens and the hardness of the kale breaks down. Enjoy this as a side dish, or add into other dishes like quinoa or salads.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.