You & Your Friends Will Love These Gluten-Free Cacao Brownies
Brownies should be a natural part of life. With this recipe, they can be.
When you think of black beans, it’s likely that the image of chocolate-y rich brownies doesn't come to mind. Well, set aside your reservations, because these are delicious, easy and yummy. Test these on your friends; I guarantee they won’t be able to tell that beans are the secret ingredient.
Gluten-Free Cacao Brownies
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (60ml) or more if you want them a little sweeter
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained (340g)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (40g)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped (75g)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (25g)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (12g)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Place the banana, vanilla and maple syrup in the food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the black beans, cacao powder and salt and process until totally smooth, about a minute or two.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and place the almonds and coconut in the food processor (don’t worry about washing the food processor)
- Process the almond and coconut until the almonds are chopped up to your liking.
- Add this to the mixing bowl, along with the chia seeds and stir until everything is incorporated.
- Drizzle a tiny bit of oil in a 8 x 11 (20.3 cm x 28 cm) pan and then wipe the excess off with a cloth or paper towel, and pour in the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.