Green smoothies are an excellent way to add more dark leafy greens to your diet.
Dark leafy greens such as kale, spinach, collard greens or chard are an excellent source of alkaline minerals and antioxidants. They also contain copious amounts of enzymes and chlorophyll.
These amazing health benefits of chlorophyll are one of the main reasons why leafy greens are so good for our health. So we need to find ways to incorporate more of them into our diets.
I love the gingerbread flavor of this smoothie, and after experimenting with different ingredients, I’ve come up with this perfect combination. I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do!
A Green Smoothie With A Ginger Kick
2 servings (about 40 ounces)
- 3 frozen very ripe bananas (make sure to peel before freezing)
- 2 to three cups chopped kale (or your preferred leafy greens)
- handful of sunflower sprouts
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. wheatgrass powder (optional)
- 2 cups water or nondairy milk (more or less to reach a desired consistency)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass jar, or your preferred container, and enjoy!
What’s your favorite smoothie flavor? I’d love to know, so leave a comment below!
Also, if you try this smoothie, tell me what you think! Do you like it?