Raw Pad Thai Salad (Vegan & Gluten-Free!)
In the winter I love to make warm noodle dishes, especially pad Thai. Here's a summertime twist on my favorite noodle dish: (Mostly) Raw Pad Thai Salad.
For a traditional pad Thai flavor, I recommend using peanut butter as the nut butter and peanuts as the chopped nuts. If you would like to make the dish a little more raw, try using raw almond or cashew butter and chopped raw almonds or cashews. It will be delicious with any combination!
Raw Pad Thai Salad
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin slices or spiralized
- 2 carrots, cut into thin slices or spiraled
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame (thawed if frozen)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped nuts of your choice (I like cashews)
for the dressing
- juice of 1 lime (can substitute lemon)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. nut butter of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. +1 tsp. gluten-free tamari (or soy sauce if gluten isn't a concern)
- optional: 1 tsp. agave or sweetener of your choice
Combine all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or cup.
In a large bowl, combine zucchini, carrots, spinach, onion and edamame. Add dressing and mix thoroughly.
Transfer to plates and top with chopped nuts.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.