With the warmer weather approaching, this means the beginning of salad season. Skip the heavy cole slaw and give this lightened up, protein-packed peanut slaw a try. Packed with flavor, fiber, vitamins C, A, and K, along with the many disease-averting properties from the cabbage, this slaw is the ideal healthy side dish for the warmer days ahead.
A Perfect Vegan Peanut Cole Slaw
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 small head green cabbage, finely shredded (about 6 cups)
- 2 large carrots, grated
Ingredients for Dressing
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted peanuts or almonds
- 3 Tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free tamari
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. mellow white miso
- 1 tsp. roasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
Directions for Dressing
Place all dressing ingredients in a blender or mini food processor and purée until smooth. Set aside.
Directions for Salad
Place shredded cabbage and grated carrots in a large bowl, toss with prepared dressing.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.