Macadamia nuts are high in unsaturated fatty acids and palmitoleic acids, which actually can help speed up metabolism. They're an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc, and they're as well as being rich in vitamins, especially the many B-complex vitamins.
These cookies are a delicious treat, and so easy to make. You can add other things to it, like chocolate chips, other nut butters, seeds and dried fruits.
Sweet Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup currants or raisins
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Put all ingredients into blender and blend on med setting for about two minutes, you want the consistency to be crumbly not super smooth. Depending on the blender it might be a med-high setting.
- Once you reach the desired consistency form into small balls and flatten into cookie sizes onto baking paper or foil
- Put into oven for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool for about half an hour and they're ready to go!
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.