Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Protein Bars
My personal motto lately has been to only do things everyday that help me towards a life of greater health, happiness or purpose. How does a mid-afternoon protein bar that is made with love, chocolate, and peanut butter fit into this? Well, I’d say that this bar contributes to both my health AND my happiness. Score!
These bars are so easy to whip up that you’ll contemplate never buying a store-bought protein bar again. Also, they are versatile: you can swap out the peanut butter and and the maple syrup for whichever nut butters and liquid sweeteners you prefer, and also use whatever protein powder you’d like.
Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Protein Bars (Vegan + Gluten-Free)
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats, blended into a flour
- 1 cup protein powder (I used a mild vanilla pea protein)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup peanut butter (or use any nut butter of your choice)
- 1 cup maple syrup (or use honey if you’d like)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs
- Stir together oat flour, protein powder, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Add in peanut butter and maple syrup, stirring well to combine. Mixture will be rather thick and dry. Add in a splash of almond milk if necessary.
- Stir in chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs, distributing evenly.
- Press the mixture into a wax paper-lined 9x13 pan, using a rolling pin on top to smooth if necessary.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes for bars to harden up. Remove and cut into 20 bars.
- To store: Wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap and store in the freezer in a container or air-tight bag.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.