Southwest Grilled Corn Salad With Mexican Green Goddess Dressing
You’re going to want to put this Mexican green goddess dressing on absolutely everything. Tangy, bright, creamy, and kicky, it hits all the flavor high notes and makes even the simplest dishes taste special.
When served over this springy mix of romaine, pea shoots, and grilled corn, it’s the perfect compliment to any alfresco meal, and ideal for celebrating Cinco de Mayo in a fresh and healthy way. Also try it as a dip for crudités, or as a lighter alternative to hollandaise over eggs and asparagus for Mothers Day.
Serves 4 people
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 jar of Vegenaise or Greek yogurt (about 1 ½ cups total)
- 3 scallions, green and white parts
- 2 cloves raw garlic
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 green jalapeno, deseeded if you want it less spicy
- 1 tablespoon honey (or agave or maple syrup to keep it vegan)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 5 limes (add more or less to taste)
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a food processor or powerful blender, combine all your ingredients and blitz well until you have a smooth, creamy consistency.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding more lime juice to brighten it up if needed.
3. Store the dressing in mason jars in the fridge for up to a week.
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 small handful pea shoots, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chopped sweet potatoes, skin on
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 ears of corn, charred on the grill until tender, kernels cut off the cob
- Hemp hearts to garnish
1. Evenly distribute the salad ingredients among four bowls or plates. Drizzle a tablespoon of dressing over each plate, and top with a sprinkling of hemp hearts.
2. Serve with extra dressing on the side.
Extras: Add black beans, grilled shrimp, or crumbled tempeh to add some extra protein to this salad.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.