Try This Amazing Moroccan-Spiced Cauliflower & Carrot Salad
Spices are the under-appreciated superfoods of the kitchen, delivering a host of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Crack open your spice cabinet and give your tastebuds a treat with this gluten-free, vegan and veggie-packed salad.
Moroccan-Spiced Cauliflower & Carrot Salad
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 large carrots (3/4 lb), sliced on a diagonal
- 1 tsp avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 dried figs, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp each orange juice and lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp each fennel seed, cinnamon, sumac, smoked paprika, cumin and sea salt
1. To prepare salad: Preheat oven to 375 F. Toss cauliflower and carrots with the avocado oil or coconut oil. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes until tender and golden brown. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with remaining salad ingredients, leaving a few fig slices and cilantro leaves for garnish. Meanwhile, prepare the dressing.
2. To prepare dressing: Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender or mini food processor and puree until smooth. Add to salad and toss to combine. Serve room temperature or cool, garnished with reserved fig slices and cilantro leaves.