Chocolatey Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie!
Do you love chocolate peanut butter cups? I know I sure do!
Ever since I was a child, they've been my favorite guilty pleasure. But now that I’m all grown up and a health coach, I know that they aren’t exactly good for me. Bummer.
I created this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie to cure my cravings for my beloved childhood favorite — and I know it will help cure your cravings too. (Kind of like how my 3-Ingredient Cookie Dough Bites will cure your cravings for a chocolate chip cookie!)
Plus, this smoothie is actually a really healthy green smoothie in disguise. With all of the vitamins and nutrients it contains, like vitamin K, vitamin A, and iron, the spinach will help give you a boost in energy. The banana provides you with your daily potassium needs and helps balance your blood sugar, while the cacao gives you a dose of magnesium, which helps reduce inflammation. And lets not forget the peanut butter, which provides the protein and healthy fats, both of which are critical in weight management.
Next time you're craving a chocolate peanut butter cup, or are looking to spice up your green smoothie, give this recipe a try!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao
- 2 Tbsp. organic peanut butter (or other nut butter of your choice). Look for a peanut butter that contains only peanuts — no added salt or sugar.
- 1 tsp. grade B maple syrup (or raw honey, or other natural sweetener of your choice)
- 1 cup coconut milk (almond milk, or other nut milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 2-3 ice cubes
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1 scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder (optional)
- cacao nibs (optional garnish)
Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Best when served immediately. Enjoy the rich, chocolate-peanut-buttery deliciousness!