A Detoxifying Beet Salad For Spring
Spring is a popular time to detox from winter's heavy and comforting foods. However, if juicing and smoothies aren't your thing, this salad provides a great alternative. It contains many of the elements of a detoxifying juice or smoothie, but with a bite to chew on. Not only is it quick and simple — with no juicer or blender to clean, it also provides your taste buds the great satisfaction of texture and crunch.
- 2-3 beets
- 1/2 medium-size red cabbage chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 small green apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 or 2 Meyer lemons
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
1. Boil a pot of water and place the beets in the water. Let boil for 10-12 minutes until beets are cooked. Let cool.
2. Peel and slice beets.
3. Mix all ingredients and toss well. Add salt and pepper to taste. You may also add cumin powder for added flavor.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.