Green juices are packed with cell-nourishing, health-enhancing goodness. And to turn it up a notch, I like to add a little red, in the form of beets, to my greens. Beyond adding amazing color, beets offer incredible benefits including combating inflammation, aiding detoxification, and even giving your brain a boost. This inflammation-busting recipe is one of my favorites and is a smart way to start the day.
- 3-4 Tuscan kale leaves (Any kale will work but Tuscan is my favorite for this recipe because of its less bitter flavor and deep green color)
- 1 small lemon, peeled
- 1 knob ginger (1/2 inch to 1 inch), peeled
- 1 large cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 apple, unpeeled and seeds removed (Any type of apple will work but I like the sweeter varieties for this and opt for Fuji)
- 1 small beet, peeled
Note: I suggest using organic ingredients whenever possible.
1. Wash produce thoroughly and peel if needed.
2. Add ingredients to juicer in manageable chunks and juice away. Depending upon your type of juicer, you may need to cut your produce into smaller pieces. If your juicer has various settings, it’s helpful to use a high setting when juicing beets.
3. Enjoy as soon as possible to get the most nutritional benefit.
4. Save the beet greens to use later or pop a couple in the juicer with this recipe.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.