Chocolate Pecan Cookies That Are To Die For (Gluten Free & Vegan!)
Let's be honest. Cookies are an important part of life.
No, they're not for every day. That's what makes them special. And no, not the cookies made with white sugar, white flour, and canola oil. That's what makes them toxic and addictive. And that's not really how those ingredients were intended to be used, anyway.
A wholesome, as minimally processed as possible, delicious cookie should be built, baked, and savored with love and mindfulness.
More good news? It's not too hard to switch up a white sugar, white flour, canola oil cookie recipe for a healthier (yet equally delicious) version.
Here, I present my version of the Cowboy Cookie, with pecans, chocolate and oats. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 chia eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut oil, apple sauce, and coconut sugar.
- Add chia eggs and vanilla, mixing well.Stir in flours, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Stir in rolled oats, pecans, chocolate chips, and shredded coconut.
- Spoon cookies onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
Note: To make the 2 chia eggs: 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds + 1/2 cup warm water. Mix together and set aside to gel for about ten minutes before use.
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.