These Raw Chocolate-Cherry Brownie Truffles Are A Perfect Valentine Recipe
Have you ever tried a slice of German Black Forest cake, or a scoop of Bens & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream? Cherries make an excellent addition to chocolate desserts! Their slightly sour flavor pairs perfectly with the bittersweet taste of dark chocolate.
What better way to spoil your loved one this Valentine’s Day than with a box of Raw Vegan Chocolate Cherry Brownie Bites? Enjoy these guilt free!
Raw Chocolate-Cherry Brownie Bites
Ingredients (makes about 24 small truffles)
- 1 cup of cashews
- ½ cup of hazelnuts
- ¾ cup of soft dates, pitted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp. of cacao, unsweetened
- ¼ cup of dried cherries
- 2 Tbsp. of water (for binding)
- 2 Tbsp. of extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp. of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt (for flavor balance)
- ¼ cup of cacao nibs, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Combine cashews and hazelnuts in a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process until finely ground. Add dates, cacao, cherries, water, extra-virgin coconut oil and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Shape the brownie dough into small truffles and garnish with finely chopped cacao nibs.
- Place the truffles in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to firm up.
- These truffles will stay fresh for at least 1 week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Substitutions: Are you allergic or overly sensitive to cacao? Replace it with ¼ cup of carob powder, and garnish the truffles with ground hazelnuts or dried coconut. Carob powder is a lot sweeter than cacao, so start by adding ½ cup of dates to the dough instead of ¾ cup.