One way to warm your body on a cold winter’s day is with a warm beverage—and this Warm Ginger Almond Milk is sure to do the trick.
This simple recipe is made with just four ingredients—almonds, water, ginger, and cinnamon—all of which help keep you healthy and happy year round. Almonds are a great source of protein and healthy fats, while cinnamon helps control your blood sugar. The ginger helps give this recipe an immune boosting punch so you can fight off those colds and flus.
Warm Ginger Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup raw, organic almonds
- 1 cup purified water + 1 cup for soaking the almonds
- 1/2” piece of fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place the almonds in a small bowl and cover with 1 cup purified water. Allow the almonds to soak for 4 to 12 hours.
2. Drain the almonds and place them in a Vitamix or high speed blender.
3. Add the remaining ingredients into the blender and turn on the highest setting. Allow the blender to run until the mixture is warmed through, about three minutes. On a Vitamix you can tell when it’s heated by slowing the speed and lifting the lid - if steam appears, it's finished.
4. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Note: I don't strain the almond milk for this recipe, so there are tiny bits of almonds in the drink. However, you can strain the drink with a cheesecloth if you prefer.