Make This Classic Guacamole For Any Get-Together (Or A Solo-Snack)
It’s no secret that avocados are one of my favorite foods; and guacamole is my go-to snack. Pair it with flax chips or homemade corn tortilla chips to keep it extra healthy. This recipe is sure to impress at social get togethers—but it's also great (in a smaller serving) as a healthy snack for one.
- 2 hass avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh salsa (of your choices)
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place the scooped avocado in large bowl.
- Add salsa, onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, garlic, sea salt and chili powder
- Mash the mixture with a spoon or potato masher (for more a more chunky guacamole, cut the avocados with a knife, then mash and mix with a spoon.)
- Serve with corn tortilla chips or flax chips
- To enjoy the guacamole cool, refrigerate for 1 hour prior to serving