If You Love Bloody Marys, You'll Love This Cleansing Smoothie
This is an acquired taste, but if you love Bloody Marys, you'll get it. If you're serious about quitting sugar, you need to get rid of all sweetness and switch to a savory palate, especially in the mornings as you start your day. I choose this smoothie to ensure I get 2 to 3 cups of veggies before I walk out the door.
Green Smoothie Cleanser
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel (or 2 celery stalks)
- Ginger, 1 inch knob
- Turmeric, 1 inch knob (if available)
- Handful of baby spinach
- Watercress (or rocket)
- 1 small soft avocado
- 1/2 capsicum (red or yellow is best)
- 1 cup par cooked broccoli
- Big handful of flat-leaf parsley and/ or coriander
- 1 tablespoon of chopped red onion
- 1 lime (including some zest)
- 1 cup coconut water (or plain water)
- Big pinch of cayenne pepper (or chilli powder or a dash of Tabasco
- Pinch of stevia
Blitz all ingredients in a high powdered blender until smooth.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.