Winter is the perfect time to whip out the chili recipe! Chili balances the colder weather and makes you feel warm and cozy. But some chili recipes can be a hindrance to your weight-loss goals. This vegetarian chili is both delicious and healthy, leaving you worry free!
Healthy Vegetarian Chili
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water (you may add more or less, depending on desired consistency)
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, finely chopped (optional)
Place oil in deep pot over medium heat.
Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
Add jalapeño, bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Bring to simmer.
Cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and water. Simmer 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe adapted with permission from Healthy You! 14 Days to Quick and Permanent Weight Loss and a Healthier, Happier You.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com