A Healthy Vegetarian Chili To Warm Your Bones
Winter is the perfect time to whip out the chili recipe! Chili balances the colder weather and makes you feel warm and cozy. But some chili recipes can be a hindrance to your weight-loss goals. This vegetarian chili is both delicious and healthy, leaving you worry free!
Healthy Vegetarian Chili
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water (you may add more or less, depending on desired consistency)
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, finely chopped (optional)
Place oil in deep pot over medium heat.
Add onions and garlic, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
Add jalapeño, bell pepper, cumin, chili powder, tomatoes and tomato sauce.
Bring to simmer.
Cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and water. Simmer 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Recipe adapted with permission from Healthy You! 14 Days to Quick and Permanent Weight Loss and a Healthier, Happier You.
And do you want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.