Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls (Yum! Yum! Yum!)
These cinnamon rolls would be great for a weekend morning breakfast. As is, they aren't very sweet. You can up the sugar between the layers to 1/2-3/4 cup if you want or you can whip up your favorite icing to put on top if you want to make it a real treat.
Ingredients for dough
- 1 ¼ cup warm water + 1 tsp. coconut sugar + 1 packet yeast (mix and let sit 10 minutes)
- 2 ¼ cups brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ scoops vanilla protein blend
- 3 tsp. xanthan gum
- Pinch salt
- 5 tsp. coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup warm unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup cornstarch or brown rice flour+more for dusting
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tsp. melted coconut oil
Mix all the dough ingredients together (it will be quite sticky).
Turn out onto floured surface. Knead in lightly another ¼ c or so of cornstarch or brown rice flour (just until it doesn’t stick to your fingers anymore).
Roll out into rectangle.
Brush the rolled out dough with 1 tbsp. melted coconut oil.
Sprinkle with coconut sugar, cinnamon, and almond meal.
Carefully roll into a log and cut into 8 equal pieces.
Arrange in a baking dish.
Brush the top of the cinnamon rolls with remaining 2 tsp. melted coconut oil.
Cover and let rise.
Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 20-22 minutes.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.