That Gluten-Free Brownies Have A Protein Punch & A Holiday Twist
These holiday brownies have a surprising ingredient: black beans! They're moist and gooey with a crisp crust and a candy cane crunch. Though the main ingredient is black beans, I promise you won’t be able to tell they're hiding in there! The fiber in the black beans will regulate the speed at which sugars are released into your body. This means these gluten-free brownies won’t spike your sugar levels, and you won’t end up with a sugar crash a couple hours later. With two cups of black beans and three eggs, these candy cane black bean brownies are also loaded with protein.
Gluten-Free Holiday Brownies
Makes 12 brownies
- ½ cup gluten free oats
- 19 ounce black beans, drained and rinsed or 2 cups cooked black beans
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the oats in a food processor and process until you reach flour like consistency.
- Add the beans, eggs, coconut oil, cacao, honey, baking powder and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.Transfer into the pan and even out the top with a wet spatula.
- Bake the brownies for 40-35 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing and enjoy!
Want your passion for wellness to change the world? Become A Functional Nutrition Coach! Enroll today to join our upcoming live office hours.