A Raw, Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake That Will Blow You Away
Pumpkin pie cheesecake? That's vegan? And gluten free? It can't be!
But it is! This raw, vegan, gluten-free cheesecake will wow friends and and family alike — whether they know they're choosing a healthier dessert option or not.
- 1 1/2 cups dry raw cashews
- 1/2 tablespoon molasses (not raw; optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups cashews, soaked
- 1 cup young coconut meat
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 to 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses (not raw; optional)
- 1/4 cup walnut milk or pecan milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sea salt
First make walnut or pecan milk or use a store bought almond milk for convenience. To make the milk, blend 1 cup of nuts with 3 cups of water. Strain and store in a glass jar.
For the crust, blend all ingredients in a food processor until well combined. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan. Refrigerate until ready for use.
For the filling, blend soaked cashews, coconut meal, coconut oil, coconut butter and carrot juice in your high-powered blender. Blend till smooth. Add remaining ingredients and combine.
Take out crust and pour filling into the pan. Let set in the freezer for 1 hour then transfer to the refrigerator.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.