Protein-Packed Green Smoothie
I don’t do well in the caffeine department. In fact, I’m allergic to coffee. I longingly watch my fiance make his daily espresso from his posh Nespresso machine.
Fortunately, I’m a huge smoothie fan, so I decided to pump mine up with two of the best powders out there: matcha and maca. Matcha green tea powder provides antioxidants and a strong surge of clean energy while Peruvian maca powder is one of the most praised super foods on the market. There’s enough raw spinach in this smoothie to say you had a salad for breakfast, so basically you can’t go wrong. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 squeeze of Barlean’s Key Lime Omega oil
- 1 squeeze of Barlean’s Orange Swirl Omega oil
- 8 cups organic spinach
- large handful frozen peaches and pineapple
- 1 Tbsp maca powder
- 1 Tbsp matcha green tea powder
- optional: bee pollen (look for local)
- optional: raw cacao nibs (for an extra sparkle)
Blend completely until smooth.