Raw Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie (Mmm Good!)
It's chilly outside, and I'm craving sweet spices and something creamy that's not pumpkin pie! It's time for a seasonal smoothie.
With no pumpkin in sight, I took my chances with a sweet potato. I cut off a big chunk, peeled it fast, and created sweet potato pie in a glass.
The good news is that you don't have to cook the sweet potato; your high speed blender will blend this in seconds, but you can cook it ahead of time if you want to.
This smoothie is raw, vegan, dairy and gluten free, and tastes amazing. It totally satisfied my craving, and it's a gorgeous shade of orange!
Serve sprinkled with cinnamon if you prefer.
Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie
- 1/2 cup raw sweet potato (peel it with a vegetable peeler first)
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw coconut flakes
- 6 or so ounces coconut water
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- small dash vanilla extract
- a few big shakes of cinnamon
- big shake of nutmeg
- big shake of ground ginger
- optional: 2 medjool dates, pitted
- optional: 1/2 frozen banana (peel before freezing)
Blend and adjust spices to your taste.
Adding dates and/or banana will make this thicker and sweeter. If you're avoiding excess sugar, this is delicious without either.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.