Gluten-Free Pumpkin Crumble Bars (Vegan)
Pumpkin is this season's magic ingredient, so let's celebrate with a pumpkin treat that won't leave you with a sugar hangover! Full of wholesome ingredients, these Pumpkin Crumble Bars are yummy on their own and even more magical topped with coconut manna or your favorite coconut ice cream.
This recipe calls for a layer of pumpkin filling. You can make either a canned pumpkin puree or make your own. Feel free to get creative and try kabocha, butternut or acorn squash.
Pumpkin Crumble Bars
Makes 9 bars
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup agave (or 1/3 cup pure maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree of your choice. To make your own puree, cut a pumpkin (or your favorite type of squash) in half, scoop out the seeds, sprinkle with water and bake for about 40 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool, remove from skin and puree in a blender until smooth.
- 2 tablespoons agave (or 3 tablespoons maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease 8" x 8" baking dish with coconut oil
- Prepare pumpkin filling layer by blending puree with agave (or maple syrup).
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix all wet ingredients in a small bowl. Add in wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly mixed. Press half the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the pumpkin filling evenly across the bottom layer, then top with the other half of the mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top of the crumble is lightly browned.
- Serve warm from the baking dish as a crumble, or wait until it’s completely cool and slice into bars.
- Top with coconut manna or your favorite coconut ice cream!