To-Die-For Rosemary & Thyme Crackers (Gluten-Free)
These delicious little treats are my latest obsession. They're a cinch to put together and taste absolutely divine. I often have a few as a midday snack, and also serve them at cocktail parties with olive tapenade or organic goat cheese.
Almond flour is a great gluten-free alternative to regular flour, and I like to remind people that eating a few tablespoons of it is just like eating handful of almonds; a small serving goes a long way to filling you up.
Gluten-Free Rosemary-Thyme Crackers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Makes about 20 crackers
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary + 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons purified water
Preheat the oven to 350. In a small bowl, lightly whisk the oil, egg and water to combine. In a larger bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients into a uniform dry mixture.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine. Once the dough comes together, use your clean hands to mix well and ensure a uniform mixture.
Place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out to 1/8 inch thickness. Peel off the top sheet of parchment paper and place the bottom sheet with dough onto baking sheet.
Cut into 2-inch squares and bake 12-15 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Store in the refrigerator up to one week, or at room temperature up to two days.
- I live in a very dry climate. If you're in a more humid climate, you may not need to add the 2 teaspoons of water.
- Thin dough (1/8 inch) makes crispier crackers; thicker dough (1/4 inch) makes softer, more chewy crackers.
- I used rosemary and thyme here, but two tablespoons of any combination of fresh finely chopped herbs can be used.
Ready to learn how to fight inflammation and address autoimmune disease through the power of food? Join our 5-Day Inflammation Video Summit with mindbodygreen’s top doctors.