Gluten-Free Recipe: Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is an easy, yummy recipe. It’s not only gluten-free, soy-free, and vegan, but has a significant amount of protein and is low-glycemic.
- 2+1/2 cups almond flour*
- 1/2 cup soy-free Earth Balance buttery spread
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy, natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly-ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup soy-free, vegan dark chocolate, chopped or Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- *You can also make your own by grinding one 12 ounce bag of raw almonds in a food processor.
1. Preheat oven to 325° F.
2. In a large bowl, cream the buttery spread with the coconut sugar.
3. Stir in peanut butter.
4. Mix in almond flour, ground flaxseed and chocolate chunks or chips.
5. Scoop out using a 1/4 cup disher (#16) onto cookie sheets line with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Flatten slightly with your hand.
6. Bake for 18-22 minutes.
7. Set the cookie sheets on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before carefully transferring cookies straight to the cooling rack to cool completely.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.