Like a fish out of water, change and uncertainty can feel life threatening. Branching out into the unknown is extremely unnerving for some, but I know from my own journey that all transformation requires us to accept uncertainty and embrace the unknown. On the other side of these changes are happiness and security. So learning to look at change as an opportunity for growth will help us in the long run.
Inspired choices are almost always motivated from the heart. When we make an inspired choice it feels expansive, exciting and loving. Desperate choices are usually ones we feel forced into. Many times they feel heavy, uncomfortable and overwhelming. The desperate decision comes from a place deep in our being that screams out, “I can’t take any more, get me out of this situation.”
When it comes to making a decision, many of us are so focused on the worst-case scenario that we are paralyzed by our choices. We are terrified of making the wrong decision.
What if I told you that there is no right and wrong when it comes to making a decision? What if every choice we make helps us learn more about ourselves? We either learn more about what we want, or we learn more about what we don’t want. We discover our values, better understand our perceptions, and ultimately, our choices help us grow into the person we long to be. Learning to look at choices as an opportunity for growth can help us make more choices from an inspired, heart-centered place.
Here are 10 empowering quotes from my book, Find Your Happy, to help you embrace change:
1. You can’t leave where you are until you decide where you would rather be.
2. Everything in life is a lesson; if you keep repeating the same pattern, you haven’t passed the lesson. We move forward in life by getting the lessons.
3. Life doesn’t hurt, expectations do. Things don’t happen to us, they happen for us.
4. You must make a choice to take a chance, or things will never change.
5. You don’t always need a grand plan, just take a breath, let go and be open to what happens.
6. Progress will sometimes look like a lot of failures. We have to learn what doesn’t work in order to get to what does. Don’t give up, you are closer than you think.
7. There's a difference between giving up and knowing when you've had enough. Know when enough is enough.
8. Setbacks are miracles in disguise. Always believe that things are working out in your favor.
9. Your heart is to be trusted. It knows what your head has yet to figure out.
10. When you stop chasing what your mind wants you will get what your soul needs.
To create your own happiness list grab this FREE Love Your Life to The Fullest Guide.
Shannon Kaiser is the best-selling author of 5 books on the psychology of happiness and fulfillment including The Self-Love Experiment and Adventures for Your Soul, Joy Seeker, and Unshakable Inner Peace Oracle card deck, and the forthcoming book Return to You. She has a B.A. in journalism and communications from the University of Oregon. As an international life coach, speaker, and retreat leader, she helps people awaken and align with their true selves so they can live their highest potential.
She's been named top 100 Women to Watch in wellness by mindbodygreen, alongside Cameron Diaz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kris Carr and Gabriel Bernstein, and was listed as of the freshest voices in mental health and wellness by Chicken Soup for The Women's Soul. She's been named one of Entrepreneurs Must-Follow Instagram Accounts for Inspiration and Top Facebook Accounts for Daily Motivation by Mind Body Green.
Her website Playwiththeworld.com has been names top 75 Personal development websites and top 100 self-help websites by the institute for the Psychology of Eating. She's an international life coach and author mentor, and a full time world traveler with a home base in Portland, Oregon with her best friend, her Golden Retriever Chance, who she flew to China to Rescue.