10 New Year's Resolutions For The Soul
New Year’s is often a time for reflection, looking back at a year that went by way too fast, possibly without achieving some of the goals we set back in January.
We're still carrying around the 20 pounds we swore we'd finally take off, we haven’t paid off our debts, we didn’t write that book that we've been thinking about for a decade.
This happens to most of us. And then we feel inadequate, incompetent, lazy, any number of negative things.
From that place of negative thinking, we can never start anew.
So before 2013 begins, embrace the past year as being exactly as it was meant to be. Accept what is and get clear on what you want moving forward. Shout it to the Universe and know that every day (never mind every year!) is a new slate.
In order for the outward manifestations to materialize in our life, our inner being needs some priming.
Here are my 10 New Year’s Resolutions for the soul:
- I resolve to love myself each and every day with all my flaws and all my beauty.
- I resolve to allow others to be themselves.
- I resolve to see the positive aspects of every situation.
- I resolve to express appreciation daily.
- I resolve to tell the inner judge to go away.
- I resolve to forgive myself and others.
- I resolve to meditate for 15 minutes per day.
- I resolve to spend as much time with Mother Nature as possible.
- I resolve to shut down the computer, turn off my phone, and connect with my loved ones for quality time each and every day.
- I resolve to live and let live.