Do you ever wonder how some people seem to have life figured out? Their lives flow, they seem happy and at peace with themselves and the world. Meanwhile, many others struggle to make ends meet, their dreams aren't coming true and they feel stuck.
Life doesn't have to be so hard, yet so many people feel trapped by their circumstances.
So-called "wise" people, or "old souls," seem to have a handle on life, and they reflect a positive presence that many people aspire to. Learning how to navigate the shady sides of life is a process that can be learned.
We may think we should be further along than we are, have more money, have a different body or a different income, but it all comes back to growth. The truth about life is that learning will never stop. Looking at all situations in your life as opportunities to grow will help you feel more relaxed and enjoy the flow of life.
In doing research for my next book, Adventures for Your Soul, I dove deep into the top habits that hold us back from reaching our full potential.
What I discovered is that life is like a big classroom. We enroll in classes and learn daily lessons that can help us grow. We can resist the lessons, but until we learn them, we will repeat the patterns. This is why we end up in the same relationships, the same soul-sucking jobs, or the same ridiculous situations again and again. We say things like, "How did I get here?" "Why is this happening to me?" or "Why can't I get a break," but shifting our perspective could help us break free.
You can't run away from your problems. But you can adopt the wise person's mindset and learn from them.
By looking at all facets of our life with an objective lens and a focus on opportunity for growth, we can reduce the burden of feeling as if we're off track.
Here are 10 life lessons wise people have figured out but most likely won't talk about:
1. There are no mistakes, only growth.
2. You will keep repeating the same patterns until you get the lesson.
3. Whatever you believe about yourself on the inside is manifested on the outside.
4. The more you approve of yourself, the less you need others' approval.
5. All situations are pathways instead of problems.
6. Things don't happen to you — they happen for you.
7. There is no "there" to get to — it never ends.
8. Where you are today is preparing you for tomorrow. Everything is connected.
9. You will always get what you need. It might not be what you want, but it is always exactly what you need.
10. What you make of your life is up to you.
To make your own wise list grab this FREE Love Your Life to The Fullest Guide.
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.