10 Questions To Ask Yourself When You Feel Like Crap
When life feels overwhelming, it can be easy to fall into a rut. The next time you feel low, here are 10 questions you can ask to gain a fresh perspective and get moving in a more positive direction. They can be applied to any area of your life when you feel down, angry, fearful, sad, or confused.
1. Will I allow myself to play the victim or will I choose to be responsible for this situation?
2. Will I continue to react to circumstances or will I choose to create the life I want to live?
3. Can I take the time to respond from a place of clarity and strength, rather than immediately react to this experience?
4. Will I blame others for the situation or will I take responsibility for it and create an action plan to move forward from a place of personal power and strength?
5. Am I allowing someone else to take away my personal power? (Hint: if you're playing the victim, the answer to this will always be yes.)
6. How can I be of service to this person, situation or circumstance and myself so that we feel buoyed, rather than weighed down?
7. How can I create something meaningful for me and/or others out of this experience?
8. Am I placing expectations on myself or others? Are those expectations serving me in any way?
9. What if, through this challenge I choose to learn, create, grow and expand rather than blame, resent or accuse?
10. What is my gut telling me? (And am I listening?)
Life is full of stimuli; the only thing we can control is how we choose to respond. When you really take the time to think about it, everything happening around us is neutral and meaningless until the point that we give it meaning.
In any situation, it's about choosing: Will I allow this to upset me? Will I choose to make this bad or good? Will I choose to walk away? Will I choose to yell or whisper? Will I choose to react or take time to respond?
Choose to live by your own inner guide and compass. You'll be amazed at how much the world opens up for you, when you choose to open yourself up to the world.