7 Tips For Anyone About To Take A Leap Of Faith

7 Tips For Anyone About To Take A Leap Of Faith Hero Image

In my 20s, I was a corporate robot. For me, yoga was a gateway drug to studying energy and consciousness and that’s when I started to chart my own journey. I began to do the things that people say they're going to do but don't like getting liberated from corporate America and turning down invitations to return to comfortable jobs to follow my passion instead. Recently, I moved across the country without knowing a soul at my destination.

For those of you ready to take your own unconventional leap of faith but are scared out of your mind, here are some words of wisdom that I learned along the way, I hope they support you in taking your own path of joyful courage.

1. Listen to the voice in your head.

Your inner voice has some very important things to say. I think of it as a more evolved version of yourself, saying "Hey lady, check this out!"

In a society where we tend to look to outsiders for advice, we tend to ignore our inner-voice. When you have a gut instinct about something, trust it and follow it. It was my inner-voice that took me across the country without knowing a soul and in doing so, I found my home. What big bold move is your inner-voice telling you to take?

ADVERTISEMENT

2. Practice daily self-care.

When we take the road less travelled, it can be stressful which is why it’s so important to stop, breathe and nourish your body and soul in whatever way works for you. Give yourself a detox bath, do some restorative yoga, practice meditation or go for a long walk in nature.

3. Replace fear of the unknown with a sense of desire for what’s to come.

Being in the unknown can be scary as hell, but try to replace your fear with desire for the passion you are pursuing! Take 5-10 minutes every day and visualize it. What does it look like? What does it feel like? Who is around you? When you can stay in that beautiful energetic state that is desire, you are more likely to cultivate your passion with ease.

4. Let yourself be supported by likeminded people.

As a former, “I don’t need anyone’s help” chick, this one was tough for me but we can’t take courageous journeys alone. Find a community of people who are taking a similar leap of faith.

5. Quit comparing yourself to others around you.

It’s easy to get wrapped up in timelines and compare yourself to what your peers have already cultivated. Everyone has their own respective journey of what they're manifesting in life. Focus on your desires, and trust that if you pay attention to what you want, it will happen exactly as it’s supposed to.

6. Celebrate what’s you’ve manifested to date.

I equate the pursuit of one’s passion to a treasure hunt. The path is never clearly laid out, but we get clues along the way that give us assurance that we’re not out-of-our-minds for pursuing our dreams. Celebrate your clues, celebrate what you cultivate along the way and use it as a reminder to not give up when the end result isn’t happening as quickly as you may want it to.

7. Remember, you are fabulous no matter what's in your bank account!

We often look to our bank accounts as a symbol that we are prosperous. Remember that you are love, you are joy, you are fabulous no matter how much debt you have on the books or how much you may need to withdraw from your savings to pursue your dreams.

If you can be patient, stay focused and hold onto how abundant you are despite your lack of material abundance. Eventually what you need will flow in your direction.

I know there are many of you out there that are ready to take your own leap of faith and are not doing it because you are scared out of your mind. This post is your kick in the butt. Follow your heart and do it!

Comment below and let me know what amazingly “unconventional” leap of faith you’re going to take in your life. If you’re already taking your own courageous journey, which one of these steps resonated with you?

Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com

Explore More