As a travel writer, I gain inspiration from the world: places, people and the experiences we suck in to live a full, rich life. Most people have some sort of bucket list which includes things like traveling to Peru and hiking Machu Picchu, running a marathon or even learning a new language. But as a life coach, I get inspiration from the human heart; what makes me feel truly alive is leaning into the pulse of our desires.
Most expressions of outward desire come from an internal longing to feel connected to the world around us, a yearning to give and receive love. It inspired me to create a new type of life experience list. One centered in love, truth and honesty.
Here are 20 life experiences everyone should try before they die.
1. Feel your fear and do it anyway.
2. Recognize loneliness is not an invitation to settle.
3. Learn to make confident choices from your heart, not your head.
4. Stop worrying about the future and trust the process.
5. Forgive your parents and accept them for who they are.
6. Know you belong and fit in just as you are.
7. Look in the mirror and say I love you (often).
8. Let go of what no longer resonates with you.
9. See yourself in the same way as the people who love you do.
10. Be brave and courageous with your heart.
11. Be compassionate with yourself. It takes time to heal.
12. Instead of being angry for what you don’t have, choose to be thankful for what you do have.
13. Let go of your expectations and be open to the experience of life.
14. Accept full responsibility for your situations. If you don’t like something, change it.
15. See people for who they are, not what they have or who you want them to be.
16. Measure your happiness by your faith in love.
17. Give so much attention to your self-growth that you have no time to criticize or judge others.
18. Realize you are not broken. There is nothing to fix.
19. Let your dreams guide your direction in life.
20. Live with the belief that the world is on your side and you will succeed.
For more inspiration on how to live a full life with purpose grab this FREE guide.
Photo Credit: Shutterstock.com