25 Questions To Ask Yourself Before The End Of The Year
There's something magical about this time of year. The twinkling lights and gingerbread cookies. The merriment and good cheer spreading through the air. It's a season for celebrating, a season for love, and a season for self-reflection.
Over the past few years, I've created my own reflection ritual that takes place each December. It looks like this: lighting some candles, brewing a hot cup of peppermint tea, and settling in for a few hours of open-heart honesty in front of the fire.
It's an evening of reviewing the good, acknowledging the not-so-good, and scheming ways to make the new year an expression of my wildest wishes and dreams.
It began with a few simple questions and has evolved into a mighty embodiment of truth, acceptance, and growth. Here are some of my favorites.
25 Questions to Ask Yourself Before the End of 2013
1. What am I most proud of this year?
2. How can I become a better _____________?
3. Where am I feeling stuck?
4. Where do I need to allow myself grace?
5. Am I passionate about my career?
6. What lessons have I learned?
7. What did I my finances look like?
8. How did I spend my free time?
9. How well did I take care of my body, mind, and soul?
10. How have I been open-minded?
11. When did I feel most creatively inspired?
12. What projects have I completed?
13. How have I procrastinated?
14. In what ways can I re-structure my time?
15. How have I allowed fear of failure hold me back?
16. Where has self-doubt taken over?
17. When have I felt the most alive?
18. How have I taught others to respect me?
19. How can I improve my relationships?
20. Have I been unfair to anyone?
21. Who do I need to forgive?
22. Where is it time to let go?
23. What old habits would I like to release?
24. What new habits would I like to cultivate?
25. How can I be kind to myself?
Do you have an annual self-reflection ritual? What are your favorite ways to release the old and welcome in the new?