- 30 small mushrooms of your choosing
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Chilis (as many or as a little as you want)
- Mixed herbs of your choosing (try thyme, rosemary and parsley for starters)
- Coconut oil
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Frozen peas
- 16 oz. Mung Bean fettuccine
- Pesto (jar or fresh) to taste
- Option to add Chicken (free range tenderloins), cook on bbq or grill if possible
This was a dish I invented after seeing something similar at The Conscious Cafe in Byron Bay. It's super healthy, so easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious (as many of our friends who've had it will tell you).
My hubby has now claimed this as his dish. He likes to cook for friends and family, and we love to cook together with a glass of red wine and a chance to catch up on each other's day.
Chop onion into small chunks and fry with some coconut oil.
Add the mixed herbs and fry together; add the garlic and chilis and cook for another five mins.
Add mushrooms, chopped in half (keep them big and they'll absorb all the flavors). Cook for another 10 mins, then add pesto (around half a jar or pot, can add more later if it needs it), add 2 tablespoons.
Cook it all together for 15 minutes, then add frozen peas and baby spinach near the end. If you want to add the chicken, cut it in small pieces and add to sauce.
Boil fettuccine for 5 mins, then drain and add to pan, stir and make sure the sauce covers everything. Grate Parmesan on top and enjoy.